Northern California Angora Guild

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Betty is A Country Music Fan











































Betty says,

"A few days ago, Tausha said to me, 'Betty, I'd never have thought that you'd like country music!'

Not only that I like country music, I am a crazy country music fan. I have many favorites, but the absolute favorite of all is Alan Jackson.

In 1992, Albert bought a tour package for two of us to go to Nashville to participate in the Fan Fair as our anniversary celebration. We got to see Alan in his booth meeting and greeting his fans. See how happy I was in the top picture! The first three pictures were taken in 1992 during the Fan Fair.

Sixteen years and buying all Alan's CDs and going to many of his concerts later, I am still his fan. His newest CD 'Good Time' just came out last week, it is currently at the #1 spot on the Billboard pop and country chart. http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/charts/chart_display.jsp?g=Albums&f=The+Billboard+200 Needless to say that I am delighted to see that. The fourth photo is taken of my copy of this CD.

If others are interested, I'll tell you about my meeting Johnny Cash and other country singers next time."

1 Comments:

  • At 7:42 AM, Blogger Auntie C said…

    I think it's pretty funny that you are such a big country music fan and we're such good friends when not only do I hate country music (except for old Willie stuff or David Allen Coe! "My long hair just can't cover up my red neck.") and live where there is only one country station on the dial.

    A case of opposites attract.

    Thank goodness we don't listen to music at convention.....

    Chris

     

Post a Comment

<< Home