Northern California Angora Guild

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Spring Hats
























Betty says,

"I have taken a break from showing since my last show on February 9 in King City. I have done quite a few fiber experiments.

Since the Easter is coming soon, I decided to use Easter egg dyes to make a hat with a feeling of spring. I did a "drop dyeing" in my corning ware. I filled the corning ware with water, add some vinegar, put in the soaked Angora yarn and put in drops of blue, then put in drops of magenta pink. I pushed the yarn gently but did not stir the water. I put the corning ware with the yarn in the microwave oven for 10 minutes. I got a skein of very pretty yarn with blue, pink and purple.

I made the skein into a hat. WOW, this is the hat, very festive but a little on the busy side. What do you think?

There was some yarn left afterwards, I combined it with natural fawn yarn and made the second hat. Which one do you like better?"

1 Comments:

  • At 2:40 PM, Blogger Scarlet Tanager said…

    They are both great, but I agree, the first is a bit much. That second one is absolutely gorgeous!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home