Northern California Angora Guild

Saturday, November 03, 2007

The Road to Grand Rapids, Michigan





































Betty says, "I am posting some pictures taken during the trip to Grand Rapids.

Our readers probably remember that Carol G. and I started our trip from San Jose Airport. Delta San Jose personnel were wonderful, we got through without a hitch. The security check proved to be a big hassle; all our rabbits were take out of our kennels and patted down one by one. Our kennels were turned over to see whether there was any contraband. We could've kicked ourselves that we did not think of taking some pictures of the pat-down process.


We finally got on board the plane; the top picture is Carol in her seat doing her "toothpick" knitting. Just kidding. She is knitting a sock with very fine double-point needles.

After a connection in Atlanta, we arrived at Chicago O'Hare Airport. Carol waited at the airport with all the rabbits while I took a bus to go to the car rental office.

After over an hour at the Dollar Rent-A-Car office to get the right mini van, I made it back to the airport. Carol had gotten 500+ pounds of rabbits, equipment and luggage through the traffic to the waiting area to be loaded into the mini van. Don't know how she did it, but she did it.

After more than 3 hours of driving in the dark, we arrived in the showroom at 11:30 pm. In the fourth photo, my rabbits are waiting to be cooped; the showroom is almost empty.

Carol stayed in the showroom until 3:30 am before she went to her hotel room. I worked in the showroom to settle my rabbits until 7:30 am on Saturday before checking into my room. I was up for over 30 hours before my head hit the pillow. What a trip!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home