Northern California Angora Guild

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Allen Wins Best of Breed Tan in the Convention























A couple of days after the convention, Allen flew to Africa for a three-month stay. During his long layover at the Atlanta Airport, he says,


"I thought you might like a picture of my Tan who took BOB. Her name is Allen's Rhea, and she is a black junior doe. When Joe got out of rabbits, I got a few of his breeding rabbits. Rhea's mom is JKSG2, a doe that Joe took Best In Show with at the Ohio State Convention ("Mini Convention") several years ago. Rhea was the only one in her litter to survive, and she was raised by one of our Netherland Dwarf does! Now that I see how well she turned out, I am sad to think what the others would have looked like!


Rhea is a South American ostrich; with long legs, I thought the name was fitting. Bill Patrick was the judge. Convention was the first time I showed Rhea. In the third picture is of Joe helping me prep Rhea for BIS outside of the BIS room. When I got to convention to show him Rhea, Joe said, "She is awesome!"


I am sitting in Atlanta waiting for my flight to Dakar, Senegal. I had a redeye all night, and I am exhausted. My flight doesn't leave for another 6 hours. I will take the time and write a Registrar's column. When in Senegal, I plan to create a blog. I will keep you updated with pictures, etc.


The second picture shows Wade Burkhalter helping to carry Rhea from the convention center. Also picture is Kevin Stanford from Tucson. He took his Judge test at convention. He is a top breeder of Dwarfs, and has taken over Joy Bramhall's barn and rents her home in Tucson. He grew up in New York, and we knew each other as youth breeders until we diverged to the west coast. We are very good friends now."


We thank Allen for the report and hope to hear all about his adventure in Africa soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home