Northern California Angora Guild

Monday, November 05, 2007

Friends at Convention, Part II





































Betty says,

"I have attended 21 ARBA conventions consecutively since 1987. I love to compete, but the most fun is to see all the friends from all over the country.

When we were all standing around on Wednesday morning to support and to watch Joan's broken Satin Angora presentation, it was a good time to take pictures of each other.

At the top, I am with Candy and Judy L. Candy is the most "durable" Angora breeder of all time. She started her Angora habit in 1972, full 10 years before I did. Though she does not show regularly, she is still very active in the Angora world. Judy L. is from UK; she comes to the ARBA convention regularly, usually rooms and travels with Candy.

In the second picture, I'm with Tracy, Jacque, Linda Sue and Joan. Though the presentation result was yet to be known at that time, all felt very good about it. We were all very optimistic about the presentation.

In the third picture, I am with Charlotte whose beautiful black French Angora has won the Best of Breed. It's too bad that I did not get a picture of this beautiful rabbit.

In the fourth picture, from left to right are Judy O., Alicia, Deb and I. Judy O. has beautiful Giant Angora, Alicia's French Angora are regular winners and Deb's English Angora won Best In Show many times. It's wonderful that we all can be friends and at the same time compete with each other. Friendly competition is the force to improve our breeds.

These are a part of the wonderful world of Angora breeders. There are many that I did not get a chance to have their pictures taken."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home