Northern California Angora Guild

Monday, July 25, 2022

Remember When: 1990 ARBA Convention at Tampa, FL



The 1990 ARBA convention was held at Tampa, Florida.   The English Angora BOB was my blue tort doe Chu's Crystal Cream.    



It was a pleasant surprise that Crystal Cream won the big prize because she was 3-1/2 year old at the time, and this was her third time going to the ARBA convention.  The first time was 1987 at Portland, OR, the second time 1988 at Madison, WI.  She skipped 1989 convention at Tulsa, OK, and finally won the BOB at Tampa, FL in 1990.



Crystal Cream was 5 months old when she went to the 1987 ARBA convention at Portland, Oregan.  It was also my first ARBA convention.  Crystal Cream won the colored junior doe class then went on to win over the colored senior doe (also mine) to get BOSV.   The BOV was my black buck Chu's Cosby.   



This is a polaroid picture of me grooming at the Tampa convention, don't recall who took this picture.




Some may recall seeing me wearing this vest in some of the shows.  I handspun the tort Angora yarn, the blue wool yarn was purchased.   This basket weave pattern was really hot around that time, it took me quite an effort to learn to knit it and wore the vest at the 1990 convention.

What were the prizes at this convention?  I could not find them.  I recall there were several baskets of dry flowers that were impossible to be packed into my suitcase for flying.   I recall hand carrying the baskets and the dry flowers falling off in a trail at the airport and aboard the plane; it wasn't a good scene.
    

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home