Northern California Angora Guild

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Very Fine Angora Yarn

 
 
 
 
Monica bought some white English Angora wool from Betty, she says,
 
"I did it on a Turkish Spindle and the fiber is just such a dream to spin!"
 
 
 

 "I have only gotten this skein done so far, but if I can spin all of it the same thickness, I will end up with approxmately 1200 yards from 4 ounces! "
 
That is some fine spinning.  With 4 ounces, Monica can get 1200 yards of double plied yarn with a Turkish spindle.   Betty says, "I will never be able to do it so well!"
 
 
 
 
 
 

6 Comments:

  • At 4:04 AM, Blogger Vivelly said…

    that would be wonderful for a lace shawl...

     
  • At 11:17 AM, Blogger monica said…

    Wow! Betty, Thank you so much for posting about my yarn! I really am in love with working with it! It spins so beautiful and is just a dream to work with! If anyone is interested in looking at it, they can see it at www.justduckyhandspun.com. Once again, thank you!
    Monica

     
  • At 11:37 AM, Blogger Northern California Angora Guild said…

    Monica: Your spinning is unbelievable. If you feel like to enter a smaller skein for competition at the ARBA national convention, go to

    http://nationalangorarabbitbreeders.com/ARBA-Convention-2012.pdf

    to learn about the rules and where to send the skein to.

    I think you have a very good chance of winning. I can never spin like that.

    Betty

     
  • At 1:22 PM, Blogger DakotaRose said…

    Beautiful work Monica and wonderful fiber Betty. I still need to get some of this incredible angora.

    Blessings,
    Lydia

     
  • At 6:53 PM, Blogger Northern California Angora Guild said…

    Lydia:

    Shot me an e-mail at englishangora88@yahoo.com I have plenty of nice Angora wool available at a reasonable price.

    Betty

     
  • At 8:14 PM, Blogger monica said…

    Betty, I am definitely looking into entering some yarn for the ARBA yarn competition, but I will have to spin up a larger skein because the form says it must be at least 1 ounce!

    Monica

     

Post a Comment

<< Home