Northern California Angora Guild

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Zeeva is Still Pretty ... in Pink Doggie Wrap





Zeeva is totally naked under this pink doggie wrap; it keeps her warm during the night.   Though it's not cold by any means, it's still a shock going from wearing a show coat of 12-inch-long wool to zero-inch in a flash. 



Another view of Zeeva in the pink doggie wrap.



 

The doggie wrap with the trademark name of "Snuggie" has a very strange pattern.   It took a little figuring out to learn how to put it on the rabbit.  The top part is for the neck area, the part with the elastic is for the tummy and the Velcro strips are for the back.



 

Another view of the "Snuggie".




Betty says,

I normally knit little sweaters from my bulky Angora yarn for my rabbits when they get hair cuts, see

http://ncag.blogspot.com/2005/12/how-much-is-that-doggie-in-carrier.html

  A couple of months ago, my local CVS store was moving from an older shopping center to their newly constructed facility across the street and having a moving sale.   I bought several of this strange looking doggie wrap named "Snuggie For Dogs" not knowing whether it would fit my rabbits or not.  Surprisingly it fits my rabbits perfectly especially that the Velcro strips are adjustable to the depth and width of the rabbit's body.    The best part so far is that none of the five rabbits that have used this wrap had chewed on it but I can't say the same for the Angora sweaters that I knitted for them.  Most of the sweaters got destroyed within a week.  







 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home