Northern California Angora Guild

Monday, January 30, 2012

Three Breeds of Angora at Bakersfield



In the Kern County RBA all breed shows at Bakersfield, three out of four breeds of Angora were represented.   Satin Angora was the only breed missing in action.  In the entire all breed show, there were over 20 breeds represented in the shows.

Photos of the three Best of Breed Angora rabbits taken at the show are shown here.


 Best of Breed English Angora shown by Betty, went on to win Reserve In Show in show A and Best In Show in show B.


Best of Breed French Angora shown by Paul, received honorable mention as one of the contenders in show A.  


Best of Breed Giant Angora shown by Cathy.   Judge Joe said, "All three Angoras are very nice" after judging Best In Show in show B. 




5 Comments:

  • At 7:45 PM, Blogger Lori Lynn said…

    Darn! I wish we would have known. I would have definitely stopped by. My girls would have loved it.

     
  • At 10:23 PM, Blogger Northern California Angora Guild said…

    Lori: It was a last minute decision to show there. I was driving when I thought about informing you but I did not have your phone number in my cell phone. Really sorry. Will have better planning next time.

    Betty

     
  • At 10:20 AM, Blogger brock said…

    Wow that Giant Angora looks like it has a huge coat, I am glad the improving the breed as a whole and becoming more popular!

     
  • At 1:37 AM, Blogger Cypher said…

    I was wondering if you could refer me to someone who is in California who breeds Giant Angoras. I am interested in getting into them, but haven't found anyone close to me. I live in Fresno, CA. Thanks

     
  • At 3:16 PM, Blogger Antelope Island Angoras said…

    What a great show to have the fiber winning!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home