Northern California Angora Guild

Wednesday, August 03, 2011

A Hat As Delicious As An Ice Cream Cone













We heard from our newsletter editor Kathy:

"The inspiration for this hat is Wurm by katushika, found on Ravelry. Wurm is a slouchy little feminine beauty of a hat. My version in no way does it justice, but it fills my requirements. I need a hat that's practical and close-fitting. This hat is mostly angora I spun. Angora is gorgeous, warm, and lightweight. The brim is sheep wool, a single ply spun by a friend. Sheep wool is hard-wearing and elastic. The combination is incredibly comfortable. The hat was fun to knit and a joy to wear. It's light on my head and in my backpack. And yeah, who thought we'd be wearing angora in August? "










0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home