Northern California Angora Guild

Monday, June 21, 2010

Handsome Big Times Jamey








Betty says,


"I have not seen any black bunnies in my litters for a while; I was afraid that the 'E' gene might have evaporated in my herd.


Maureen in Ohio had a litter of two, one black and one white, from a white sire and chocolate tort dam. Since all Maureen's rabbits are descendants of my herd, both of us were very surprised. Chocolate tort cannot carry 'E', the 'E' gene has to be hidden under the cover of REW on the sire side; I traced the lineage all the way back to Chu's Bravo, a black buck that I showed in the 2000 convention.


After a few days of the birth, Maureen offered to gift this black bunny to me; it's generous beyond any imagination.


In May, with Carol G's help, Big Times Jamey traveled from Ohio to California. Jamey travelled well and has been developing very nicely; he is a very handsome boy.


I am thrilled to have him, and thrilled to have the 'E' gene back into my herd. Maureen and John are truly great friends, and I am indebted to them."




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home