Northern California Angora Guild

Friday, June 11, 2010

Lanai, An Escape Artist



Beautiful Jersey Wooly AK's Lanai


Lanai likes to play with the English Angora bunnies in the exercise pen.


Another shot of Lanai in the exercise pen with the English Angora bunnies.


Lanai's body seems to be a lot broader than the 2" wide 4" high exercise pen wire.



Betty says,


"About four weeks ago, Carol G. gifted me a beautiful Jersey Wooly AK's Lanai. She is a baby, so I put her with one of the English Angora bunnies. In the afternoon, I'd put all my bunnies out in the exercise pen; it's so much fun to watch the bunny flips.


This afternoon, an unfamiliar noise of garden hose freaked out Lanai. She went through the 2" wide wire and disappeared into the golden juniper bushes. Our gold juniper bushes have been there for almost 30 years; they are dense and almost solid to the ground.


In the next 3-1/2 hours, Lanai played hide-and-seek with us and she played it well. It probably was fun for her but not much fun for us. It interrupted our afternoon routines and eventually our dinner. The uncertainty of her possibly lost forever in our bushes or possibly being harmed by wildlife was scary and frustrating.


Eventually she was caught. My experience in rabbits has been limited to French Lop, English Angora, French Angora, Satin Angora and one Mini Lop; I'd never thought that any rabbit would be able to run through a 2-inch wide wire.


Lanai is too smart for her own good; the chance of her going into the exercise pen again is very slim!"

3 Comments:

  • At 10:46 PM, Blogger Vivelly said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 10:50 PM, Blogger Vivelly said…

    Ups, just wanted to correct spelling mistake, sorry.
    Here again:
    lol..so cute. I once put my Angora babies too soon in the run (same one as on pic)...I washed my dishes and when I looked up through the window I saw my 5 little Angora babies hopping down my driveway in a neat line. I was so upset with my kids for letting them out, but it turned out that they were still so tiny under all that fluff that they could squeeze right through the wire...the runnaway 'Goras...:-)
    I apologized to my kids btw...lol

     
  • At 7:38 AM, Blogger Lori Lynn said…

    That jersey wooley is gorgeous! So sorry to read about all the grief you had to go through to find her. At least she is back, safe and sound.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home