Northern California Angora Guild

Friday, October 23, 2009

Carol's Fingerless Gloves




I love the ones made from natural colored American Fuzzy Lop plied with brown alpaca. These are my "signature" gloves.







See how many color and yarn combinations in these gloves.









These are made from dyed handspun angora and handspun camel yarns.






Here is a photo of just the purple gloves, our most popular color.









Carol G. says,

"Betty asked me over a year ago if I could make angora gloves. While I imagined detailed patterns with fine yarn, I decided that fingerless gloves were 1) easier and 2) more popular for our fiber business. The great thing about fingerless mitts is that they use small amounts of yarn, including "leftovers" from bigger projects. I have adapted several patterns but my favorite uses a knit 2 purl 1 rib and will fit a wide range of hand sizes. I also have lots of fun with colors as you can see!

Most of my mitts are made from handspun angora or fuzzy lop yarn with wool cuffs so the fit at the wrists is snug. Look at the pretty brown yarn cuffs--that is camel yarn that Betty spun. Its very soft and pretty.

I will have some more photos to share later on."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home