Northern California Angora Guild

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Tracy Receives A Letter From Miss Lucky









Miss Lucky, white Satin Angora doe bred by Tracy, and her mom Carolyn.





Upstair bedroom shared by Miss Lucky and Marshmellow.








Miss Lucky favors mom's side of bed.








Scarf and mitten made from Miss Lucky's wool.








Dear Tracy:

2008 has been a good year for us. Mom, Dad, my room-mate Marshmallow, and I moved into the Reno townhouse. Although Mom and Dad feel squeezed, Marshmallow and I love it here. We love the wall-to-wall carpeting in the upstairs where we are permitted to go. We have our own room!

We have a fenced in backyard where we get to play during the summer. I especially like to eat the strawberry leaves and hide behind the rosemary bush. Mom says it makes me smell good! Every morning Mom lets me out and she sits on the floor with her coffee and I get petted to my hearts delight. Then, I get groomed on top of Marshmallow’s cage, while he gets turned out to play. Then we BOTH get a piece of banana for work well done. Mom collects my combings in a big box and then spins it into yarn. I like to sniff in this box to see if there are any babies in it, but I haven’t found any yet. Here are some things Mom has made with my designer yarn: knitted mittens and a scarf made on a loom. You can tell my yarn – it is the only one white colored.

After grooming each day, Marshmallow goes back in his pen, and I get to roam the upstairs because I am a good girl and don’t chew anything. I love to hang out the rest of the day under Mom’s side of the bed. At bedtime I am waiting in my pen for the highlight of our day…pineapple and papaya. Marshmallow and I know it is coming by the clatter of own special dishes. I run over to tell Marshmallow by touching noses with him through the fence, and then we both dance around for joy. Mom says Goodnight while closing me in my pen.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,

Miss Lucky


1 Comments:

  • At 8:37 PM, Blogger Lori Lynn said…

    How sweet! What a cute story! Lucky is beautiful.

    Lori

     

Post a Comment

<< Home