Northern California Angora Guild

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Raykun's Art Work















































Betty says:

"One of the highlights of going to shows at Red Bluff is to visit my friend Raykun who lives in a beautiful big house east of Redding. We went to graduate school together at University of Notre Dame over 30 years ago. We were both trained as economists, both taught economics for many years at university level and both retired now. I am now a fulltime rabbit mom and Raykun is venturing into being a painter/artist.

Raykun is a very fast learner; I knew that when we were in graduate school. I am still totally surprised to see how talented she is and how good her paintings are. She converted a half of her garage into an art studio with a huge table for her to paint and the walls are decorated with her finished artwork.

Don't you agree that these paintings are just beautiful?"

3 Comments:

  • At 8:09 PM, Blogger Lori Lynn said…

    Yes, I agree. Raykun's art is beautiful! I have always wanted to be an artist and I still imagine that I will do more when I get close to retirement age.

    Thanks for keeping your blog so current and interesting! You do a great job Betty.

    Lori

     
  • At 7:42 AM, Blogger Mary Jane's Hippity Hop World said…

    I simply love it! It is also great to know that you taught Economics. With the economy the wait it is, would you write a small secion on your blog about possibly impacts on our stability as the USA? It would be fascinated to hear your point of view on this situation that we are all going through with the economy being so tough now.
    Mary J.

     
  • At 7:03 AM, Blogger Auntie C said…

    Beautiful work, Raycun. I'm impressed that you experiment with different styles, too. What a pleasant new pastime.
    All the best in the New Year.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home