Northern California Angora Guild

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Betty Receives A Wonderful Visit





From left to right: Ivy, Shyun, Betty, Sandy and Chinshia. They received their master's degrees in Economics from San Jose State University.






Betty in the middle with Chinshia and family from So. CA, Sandy and family, Ivy and Shyun, all from the South Bay Area.





Fawnnie is a hit with the next generation of Betty's students. Jessica is enchanted with Fawnnie while her brothers look on.









An outside shot of Betty with guests.










Betty says,

"I count my blessings. I had a long and rewarding career in teaching, a wonderful husband, lots of good friends, and my beautiful rabbits.

This Christmas I received a surprise call from Chinshia, one of my students in the master's program at San Jose State University 28 years ago. She and husband and three sons live in So. CA.; she said that they were coming north and would like to visit. In one day, she contacted her friends in the same program and they all agreed to come to my home to visit.

Chinshia, Ivy, Sandy and Shyun all received their master's degrees some 26 to 27 years ago from San Jose State University; they all took graduate courses with me. I had not seen Ivy since she graduated; last time I saw Sandy was in the early 90s and had not seen Chinshia for at least 15 years. Shyun and I are in contact regularly and we see each other several times a year.

I was really overwhelmed that there were so much love and joy to see them. They each has a fulfilling family life and a successful career; each family have three children from ages in teens to 23 years old; six of the next generation came with their parents. They were a little bored listening to the talks about old days but nothing like a rabbit to perk up their spirit. Fawnnie stayed on Jessica's lap soaking up all the attention.

It was a very wonderful visit. I feel totally blessed and very appreciative of their thoughtfulness."

1 Comments:

  • At 10:41 AM, Blogger Lori Lynn said…

    What a wonderful treat! How neat to see how your work has influenced so many lives in such a positive manner.

    I really enjoyed this post.

    Lori

     

Post a Comment

<< Home