Northern California Angora Guild

Sunday, October 03, 2021

Good Boy Auston




Aada and Auston keep on growing....




... keep on developing.  




Auston has the most gorgeous coat with a great density and a perfect texture (seeNorthern California Angora Guild: English Angora Texture (ncag.blogspot.com).




With his good behavior of not chewing, not soiling, not licking, his wool development is pushing to his maximum potential.    Normally a doe has a better chance of a full development but as we have seen in the post two days ago that Aada has chewed her wool so badly that she had to have a haircut: 
Northern California Angora Guild: Aada Gets a Haircut (ncag.blogspot.com)

The comparison of these two littermates got me thinking.  It's not just human behavior that determines a person's destination, it's also the rabbit behavior!   On the day of their birth, if someone had told me that the chocolate tort buck would have developed into a better show rabbit than the white doe, I'd say, nay, it's always the doe who would have the potential in growing a top competitive coat.  Give me a doe any day and I'd groom her into a Best In Show rabbit.    Aada proved me wrong, I tried, believe me, I tried.   Her teeth are more powerful than the blower and the brushes.     Auston, thank you for being a good boy.  Mama is going to be on top of grooming to keep you show competitive.




 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home