Northern California Angora Guild

Wednesday, June 23, 2021

RHDV Vaccination at Corralitos: Part 3 Veterinarian at Work





Rachel and Chris chatted while they are waiting for people to show up for the clinic.  They scheduled over 400 rabbits for the day.


Chris and her helper getting things organized and waiting for her veterinarian to arrive.

 

Doctor at work, one of Casey's Satin Angora on the table.



Needle in hand, injection starts.   Once injections started, the pace became fast, thus less photos taken.  Casey gives a detailed report:

"The young lady by Chris did all the check in. Very good helper. We loaded then she checked ear numbers.  Then the veterinarian did injection handed the rabbit to me to put away. The young lady handed her the next rabbit.  The veterinarian's system worked perfectly.  I was the slowest part. So I just put a rabbit in any cage.

24 holes in each table. The veterinarian finished my table then went on to next loaded table.  Carol loaded our table then the veterinarian came back to her.

Chris was loading syringes in little baskets for the veterinarian. Awesome.

Carol and I were early before the tables came. I loaded early so I was ready for the veterinarian when she came. She started on mine by 8:10. I was probably done in less than 30 minutes.    Everyone was very nice and friendly.  I told Chris how very much I appreciate all she did for us. I brought eggs. I told her how much of a relief it is to my heart because I am afraid I will bring something back from a show and hurt my rabbits." 

 As Casey and Carol were scheduled early in the morning, they left before the other breeders and their rabbits arrived.   It was a highly successful day with over 400 rabbits vaccinated.   Our greater San Francisco/San Jose/Sacramento area has been clean of the RHDV virus so far.  We would like to keep it this way.   Biosecurity and vaccination are the ways to go.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home