Northern California Angora Guild

Friday, September 29, 2017

Betty's Birthday?




Surprise! Carolyn brought to the show a birthday cake for Betty.

Born in the old country, my "real" birthday was set on the Lunar calendar that is different from the regular calendar.   Being old fashioned and also because that day was a big Chinese Festival named "Mid Autumn Festival" or "Harvest Moon Festival", my family insisted to use this day as my birthday.  When getting ID and passport, a date was put on the documents that is not my "real" birthday.   Each year, friends would ask me, "Betty, when is your birthday this year?"  My answer would be "Between late September and early October" though my documents say my birthday is in August.   Anyway, Carolyn being very kind and considerate brought me a birthday cake.   I'm very appreciative and enjoy the cake tremendously.  





Carolyn also handmade these pretty flowers for Betty as a  birthday gift.



Casey, Betty, Jill, Amanda, Melody's little sister Tirzah, Melody, Carolyn, plus Melody and Tirzah's mom Linda sharing the cake.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home