Northern California Angora Guild

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Making Miniature Drop Spindles

 
 
 
Chris O says,
 
 "I am making a bunch of 9" drop spindles to use as swap gifts for our fiber group's Christmas in July cookout. Everyone brings as many little gifts as there are guests and puts one of each in every guest's Christmas stocking (paper bag, really). Fifteen guests, fifteen gifts, preferably fiber related."
 
 
I bought a bag of 100 pair chopsticks on amazon and a bag of 100 2" cork craft discs at Michael's.




I set up my Dremel with workstation to drill 1/8" holes in the cork discs. This size fit nice and snugly on the chopsticks. Three discs provides enough weight to spin decently.


 I think I will put a drop of glue on the top and bottom discs at the join so they won't move in use.


Nine inches total in length, big enough to use.

 

They work!  I am putting them in a plastic bag with a small bit of fiber and calling it a glove compartment emergency spinning kit. Actually, they would pack well for a trip if the discs are not on the chopstick yet but assembled at destination.
 


Kind of silly but a cute trinket gift that actually works.


 

Completed emergency spinning kit just in case there is a spinning urge attack.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home