Northern California Angora Guild

Saturday, June 13, 2015

From Junkish Wool to Prime Roving

 
 
 
 
 
Chris O in MA has a fleece of white English Angora wool that she does not think is primed enough.  She shares her experience of playing with the fleece.

 
 I put the angora in to a bag and dyed
it. Mushed it around a ton without a care about felting.
 

Then, I dumped
it in the sink. I then spun it out in my spin dryer (Laundry
Alternatives brand). 

 
I left the whole mess to dry on the porch.

 
 I kept picking it apart with my fingers as it dried.

 
A few days ago I decided to card some up on my Pat Green Big Batt
carder. 72 ppi

A beautiful roving emerges from the carder.
 

Another close up of the roving.
 

 I spun up a small sample. Took no pains to make it even. Just spun
and let it work back on itself. Not bad.






 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home