Northern California Angora Guild

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Spin Crazy

 
 
 
Betty says,

When planning on going to the WCC at Reno, I decided to cut down any of my rabbits that has a decent coat except those I was showing.   In order to minimize the chance of flystrike and reduce the workload for hubby when I was in Reno for three days,  it'd be wise not to have any of the rabbits that carries wool on their back.    It took several days to get it done, then the wool was everywhere, bags and bags of them.   I did not have time to manage them, I just let them spread out in the garage.   After I came back from Reno and got caught up with chores, I decided to spin all the wool that I harvested before WCC plus some miscellaneous bags that had been around for a little while.   For three weeks, I went spin crazy.    The picture above shows the result: 18 skeins, average 4 ounces per skein, give and take an ounce, the total weight is between 4 to 5 pounds. 

The four skeins on the upper right corner are from French Angora Meara and Jim, the rest are from my English Angora.  The French Angora skeins have a slightly more halo, more intense color but not as soft as the English Angora skeins.    Needless to say that I could not use up all of these yarn, they are available for sale if interested.  Contact me privately.





 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home