Northern California Angora Guild

Sunday, June 01, 2014

San Jose State University Site Recognizes Betty's Rabbit Activities



Betty says,
When I was teaching at San Jose State University, I'd check on the faculty notes on research and recognition page.  Whenever my name appeared on the page, it would be about my publication, presentation or recognition about my activities as an economist.  Since I have retired for quite a long time, I did not expect to see my name on that list again.   To my surprise, the university picked up the Huffington report and a video posted by "World News and Everything about Life" about my rabbit activities:  
 
 
Professor Emeritus Betty Chu, Department of Economics, was profiled last month in TheHuffington Post for her success in breeding Angora rabbits. One of the oldest kinds of domestic rabbit, the Angora rabbit, along with the Angora cat and the Angora goat, originated in Turkey. Chu holds the distinction of breeding the first Angora that has ever won the Open Best in Show award at the American Rabbit Breeder Association National Convention.


 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home