Northern California Angora Guild

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Steve Harvey Show, Interesting Facts 1




Betty says,

The segment of Franchesca, Ida and I on the Steve Harvey Show was aired on Tuesday, April 22.  This is one of the three "official" photos provided by the production company.   There is a partial clip on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0S5yOpPxv8

if you have missed the Steve Harvey Show and wish to watch it.  It's not a complete segment but you'll get an idea how much fun it was.

An update:

Thanks to Lil, there is a complete version posted on youtube, she used her camcorder to record it when aired, it carries captions:




This is a photo taken with my camera by one of the friendly people working on the show.   It's a rehearsal before the taping, giving me a feeling of what the studio looks like and where I would be standing.   It also gives the camera person some idea about the lighting.   As you can see, I am wearing a white sweater during the rehearsal, it's determined that a different color would work better.



The lighting and prop people are working at the table where Franchesca and Ida are sitting on.   It's determined during the rehearsal that the table was too narrow, a wider table was brought in for the taping.  All the rehearsals are done with the producers, Steve Harvey only meets the guests when the taping starts.  There is an outline for each segment but the actual interchanges between Steve Harvey and the guests are not scripted.   The taping is done in one take.  

 

The audience would be sitting in these chairs as soon as they are let in.
 


There are about 150 people working on the Steve Harvey Show.  It takes a village to raise a child, it takes hundreds of people to work on a talk show.






 

5 Comments:

  • At 6:22 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Betty, your personality projects well on TV. My elderly father watched the show with me, and he was as tickled as I was.

     
  • At 7:34 AM, Blogger Northern California Angora Guild said…

    Lil,

    Thanks for the kind words. I had a great time. I wish the segment were given a little more air time, there was quite a bit of the interchange between Steve and me about the breed characteristics such as how big they look but how small they are, and how I started raising English Angora, but these were cut. I am, however, absolutely grateful and honored to have the opportunity to show off our beautiful breed.

    Betty

     
  • At 8:50 AM, Blogger Denise said…

    You are a good ambassador for angora rabbits Betty! I hope to attend Convention in Dallas this year....lord willing and the creek don't rise. Keep up the good work.

     
  • At 8:51 AM, Blogger Denise said…

    3You are a good ambassador for angora rabbits Betty! I hope to attend Convention in Dallas this year....lord willing and the creek don't rise. Keep up the good work.

     
  • At 6:09 PM, Blogger Northern California Angora Guild said…

    Hi, Denise, Thanks for the good words, I appreciate it. Looking forward to seeing you at the convention. I'm driving, over 26 hours one way! Your distance is a lot shorter, you can make it, will see you there.

    Betty

     

Post a Comment

<< Home