Northern California Angora Guild

Friday, April 08, 2011

A Little Of This And A Little Of That



Betty says, "I took one class in spinning, I practiced a lot then create my own style. I can spin yarns that are fine and even to be suitable for making gloves or socks but I like to let my imagination lead me into spinning my own designs.

Over the years I have collected pretty colored fibers other than Angora, I decided to combine them with my own English Angora wool, take a little of this and a little of that to design some yarns that are very different. These yarns receive very good review from my buyers, some of the yarns in the photos are already in their new homes."



The major of the material in this skein is white English Angora wool spun in moderate thick-n-thin style, then accented with pink merino and kid mohair blend. The plying cord is pre-spun pure silk.





I don't have a lot of gray wool because I have very few black rabbits. This is one of the yarn that uses my limited gray wool. The accent fiber is pale pink merino and the plying cord is gold metallic thread that adds glitters to the yarn.





This skein combines tort Angora wool with pale green super wash merino then plied with gold metallic thread that adds glitters.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home