Northern California Angora Guild

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Bad News On Friday Morning



Betty reports:


On Friday morning, I got up at 5:30 am to groom Lilianna and Lucianna and to get myself ready for the 7 am pick-up. The "Rabbit Fever" segment was scheduled for 7:45 am. I opened the carriers lids then turned on the TV, what I saw was bad news....


The picture on TV shows the early report of earthquake in Japan, people were running out of buildings.


Then TV picture shows the tsunami damage to the coast of Japan.

A little after 6 am, Amy called to tell me that she received a phone call from a producer, Today Show would be putting on full coverage of the earthquake and tsunami. The "Rabbit Fever" segment would be canceled and to be rescheduled sometime in the future.


Not much to do in the hotel room, I decided to let Lilianna and Lucianna to come out of their carriers to have a little exercise.

I don't usually let rabbits out in a hotel room, well, I very seldom bring rabbits into a hotel room.


The two sisters normally only see each other on the judging table when each earns a BOV title to be considered for BOB.

In the hotel room, they chase each other just like when they were bunnies.


Lucianna really likes the corner under the desk.
After Lucianna and Lilianna had their exercise, I cleaned up after them.


The "Rabbit Fever" spot was originally scheduled for 7:45 am.

At that exact time, Ann Currie interviews a Japanese professor talking about the earthquake and tsunami. See the time of 7:48 am next to the leg of Ann Currie's chair.




2 Comments:

  • At 9:20 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I'm sorry the spot got bumped. That was a rough news day.

    I'm glad you ladies had a good hotel to stay at in New York.

    Thanks for the pictures and story.
    Have a good day!
    Franco Rios

     
  • At 3:33 AM, Blogger Denise said…

    Nice to see that your girls are such nice traveling companions and I'm sorry your segment was postponed. Let us know when you will go back. I can't imagine what it must have been like getting around NYC with rabbit carriers. It is so tragic what is happening in Japan. I cannot even imagine how bad it must be there.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home