Northern California Angora Guild

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Betty's Convention Winners


Betty says,

"I did not plan on going to the MN convention; call me a chicken, I was really scared by the winter weather in MN. Imagining a storm of 10-inch snow and getting stranded at the airport, I did not breed based on the timing of the convention. I am glad that I went; the weather was wonderful during the 5 days that I stayed there. With Deb's help of picking me up then sending me back to the airport, I had no worry about traffic or transportation. I even ventured out to the Mall of America by the combination of walking, riding on light rail and bus; I had not used public transit for at least 20 years!

With no plan going to the MN convention, my rabbits were very young, a lot younger than any of the rabbits that I had shown in the previous conventions. Still they did a very decent showing. My entire entry of 7 rabbits all placed in the top five places; they won first places in 5 classes out of 10 classes that include the 2 wool classes. My trip was also reported by the Examiner website, see

http://www.examiner.com/pets-in-oakland/the-fun-never-ends-2010-blogging-the-87th-arba-convention-review

All in all, I had a great time and here are my results:



Chu's Barclay at barely 7-1/2 months old won BOSV, Best White Wool and Best Over Wool. Barclay did not disappoint his parents: daddy Chu's Nolan is the BOB of the 2008 convention, and mommy Chu's Susie is the BOB of the 2009 convention.


White junior doe, yet to be named, is only 5 months old. She won the first place of the white junior doe class. Her dad is Chu's Maddex, the BOS of the 2009 convention and mom is Chu's Susie, the BOB of the 2009 convention.



Chocolate junior doe, yet to be named, is a littermate sister of the white junior doe class winner. She does not let her sister take the center stage alone, she won the first place in the colored junior doe class.


Best Colored Wool winner is Chu's Valencia who has appeared on this blog several times.



This very nice blanket is won by Barclay as the Best Opposite White.



Valencia won the colored wool class and Barclay won the white wool class; then Barclay won over Valencia to claim the Best Overall Wool award.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home