Northern California Angora Guild

Sunday, January 03, 2010

A Little Girl's Hat And The Runnaway Bunny






Betty says,


"My rabbits produce so much wool that there's no way I could use all for myself; so I sell my rabbits' wool, I spin yarn and knit hats and scarves for sale as well. In the process, I make friends with a lot of buyers and learn what they do with the wool and yarn.


Becca bought 6-1/4 oz of tort wool from me; she said, I plan to make something for my brothers new baby girl for christmas - and give it to her along with the book "runaway bunny".


She sent me the photo of the finished hat with the book. I googled the book, here is the description:


The Runaway Bunny is a 1942 picture book written by Margaret Wise Brown and illustrated by Clement Hurd. The plot deals with a small rabbit, who wants to run away. His mother, however, tells him that "if you run away, I will run after you". The book has been in print continuously since 1942.


It's so much fun to hear from others, and I am here sharing it on our blog."

2 Comments:

  • At 8:39 PM, Blogger Lori Lynn said…

    I must have read that book a hundred times to my girls when they were smaller. It is a fun, imaginative and sweet story. I think we all had it memorized.

    What a clever gift idea to give it with an angora hat!

    We have been in Carmel for two weeks, but didn't get around to seeing any of our friends. Hopefully, we will come back soon.

     
  • At 11:54 PM, Blogger Vivelly said…

    What a lovely idea! Lots of people are amazed what you can do out of bunny wool! :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home