Northern California Angora Guild

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Lindsay's Farewell To Belgium







A view of Bruges: a medieval town on the west coast of Belgium.






A lace maker at the museum.







A lace in progress.






The new train station in Liege, Belgium that is about to open.







Finally a rabbit! She was a worker helping to prepare for the station's grand opening.











It's September 19, the day of our first fall show at Stockton. It is also the day that Lindsay is flying back from Belgium. She reports,


"On Friday I went to Bruges (Bruges in French, Brugge in Flemish) with my sister-in-law Michele. I had been muddling along with my French but I was completely lost when all was in Flemish!


Today's photos begin with a view of Bruges. It's a medieval town on the west coast of Belgium. It's an amazing town that I hope to visit again. I did find one thing that I had very much wanted to see during my visit - a bobbin lace maker. I found a woman at the lace museum that must have been making lace for years. Yes, in the photo the bobbins are blurry. It's no mistake, she was going that fast. I wish that I could post the video I took on the blog. To add to my awe at how fast she was working, here is a photo of the lace that she was creating.

Most of Belgium that I have seen has been buildings of stone with the newer ones made of brick. It's quite a culture shock to pull into the new train station in Liege. Preparations were being made for the grand opening celebrations to take place the next day. I did, at last, find a rabbit in Belgium. She was a worker helping to prepare for the station's big event."


1 Comments:

  • At 10:00 AM, Blogger Lori Lynn said…

    The movie, "In Bruges" is a very funny dark comedy. I loved it. It made fun of and highlighted a lot of the architecture.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home