Northern California Angora Guild

Friday, September 04, 2009

Fawn, Fawnton, Emily, Emilia






Betty says,

"At the NV State Fair, I was grooming my fawn buck Chu’s Fawnton; a little girl came by wanting to touch him. I offered to take pictures of her and Fawnton to ease her urge to touch. Her mother also took pictures.

Her mother and I started a conversation; she told me that the little girl's name was Emily, an Apache Indian by birth and was adopted by her. We chitchatted a little bit, I told her that the name of Fawnton’s grandmother was Emilia, a variation of Emily.

They were about to leave, so I asked Emily’s mother, “What’s your name?” She answered, “Fawn”.

Fawn, Fawnton, Emily, Emilia. What a coincidence."

2 Comments:

  • At 10:07 PM, Blogger Lori Lynn said…

    That's a pretty cool coincidence.

    I wonder how hard it will be to educate Emily about her heritage. At least with our girls, we can make sure that they have lots of Chinese role models in their lives. We try to celebrate their Chinese heritage as much as possible for being two non-Chinese parents. I am not too sure how you stay in touch with the Apache community. I don't write that as a criticism, just a curiosity.

     
  • At 1:45 PM, Blogger Northern California Angora Guild said…

    Lori:

    Fawn said that Emily's birth mother was a friend of the family. I don't know the details but I am guessing that they are in touch. I'd think that Emily is exposed to the Apache culture. Emily looks very much like a little Chinese girl and that's how I started a conversation with Fawn.

    Betty

     

Post a Comment

<< Home