Northern California Angora Guild

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

San Martin Veterinary Hospital, Part I: Bunnies Going To Dr. Pete






A pair of 5-month-old English Angora are waiting to be seen by Dr. Pete.







Lilac Tort doe Chu's Princess is sitting on the examination table waiting for her turn.










Cream buck Chu's Fedrick is on the table.










Dr. Pete with Princess.









Another shot of Dr. Pete with Princess.













Betty says,


"I have the good fortune of finding a wonderful veterinarian Dr. Pete Keesling for my rabbits in 1992 after going to four other veterinarians. He does not just treat the animals that I brought in, he taught me how to handle various issues so that I could take better care of my rabbits when needed.


Dr. Pete has a very broad knowledge on both large and small animals. He co-hosted a PBS program Petpourri for many years; he is currently hosting a call-in radio show with a similar name 'Pet Pourri' on radio KSCO http://www.ksco.com/dsphost.cfm?hid=112; he also writes a column in the local newspaper. It's even more unusual that he is familiar with rabbits and rabbit shows; his two daughters, Sarah and Mary, used to raise rabbits when they were in 4H. I'd see Dr. Pete with Sarah and Mary in some of the local shows in the late 1990s and early 2000s.


These are pictures taken during my recent visit to Dr. Pete's office. The purpose of this visit was to get health certificates for my two rabbits to fly to their new home. I will post some more pictures of his veterinary hospital tomorrow."

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home