Northern California Angora Guild

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Big Boy Or Dumb Boy






























































Betty says,

"The critters are acting up again recently. We seemed to have hundreds of squirrels playing and making nests on top of trees in our yard. I set up the trap and caught three squirrels. I relocated them and things seemed to be somewhat better.


Then I found piles of smelly poops in our fruit orchard. Two days ago I set up the trap and promptly caught a skunk. It was not an easy job to relocate a skunk; hubby and I had to work together to handle it.


There has to be more, so I set up the trap again. The next morning I saw from far away that there was a 'thing' in the trap. It looked bigger than a skunk and the color was grayish. A raccoon? A Bobcat? I walked cautiously toward the trap, and a big 'MEOW' broke out from this gray animal.


It's 'Big Boy', a friendly neighborhood stray. He looked insulted but not frantic. I opened up the trap and he just leisurely got out of the trap, sat for a while, accepted a few pats from me and walked away.”



1 Comments:

  • At 8:43 AM, Blogger Lori Lynn said…

    How did you relocate a skunk? How can you keep him from spraying? I would love to hear more.

    Lori W

     

Post a Comment

<< Home