Northern California Angora Guild

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Allen Guest Blogs From France









La couleure exacte du cherry ale.




"WHOLE RABBIT FOR $5.75/kg" These advertisements have been plastered over every bus/tram station in Montpellier. Rabbit meat advertising... I must be in France!










The city center of Montpellier is completely closed to traffic, so walking is perfect. Endless shops of out-of-this-world designer clothes. Colorful, clean, lively, and very, very French!





Wine tasting with my new German friends Nina and Elizabeth at the "Les Estivales", held every Friday night in downtown Montpellier. I'm so excited I got to take the glass home!






Montpellier train station where I arrived Thursday from Paris by the TGV (rapid French train).







Delicious French breakfast at a street-side cafe: baguette, strawberry jam, and espresso.







Cathedral au centre ville de Montpellier.








Fountain at the center of La Comedie... where everything happens in Montpellier, day or night. I wish you could hear the accordion playing live in the background near the cafes!









View from my classroom.











After months and months of anxiously waiting, France is here! My scholarship study at L'Institute Europeen de Francaise starts on Monday, but since arriving on Thursday I've done everything but hit the books! Just a few miles from the Mediterranean, I've been very busy at the beach so far, my favorite place to be. I met some students from Germany and Holland, and after exploring the beach with them Friday, we all went wine tasting at a downtown night festival. Paradise found.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home