Northern California Angora Guild

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Betty's Bunny Nursery






Betty says,

"Since I started raising rabbits in the 80s, I have been keeping the nestboxes and bunnies inside our family room away from their moms. It was not a common practice of raising bunnies then but it is quite common now. I find bunnies raised this way are more personable, calmer and face less chance of accidental deaths.

Here is a picture of our family room turned bunny nursery. Each of the 18" x 32" cages has a little bed on the left side for the bunnies to hop in and out. When convention comes, these cages would be divided and used as three-hole or four-hole carriers for flying."

1 Comments:

  • At 6:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Looks like my sun room! I have a great sun room that we just don't use, so I raise my babies there. It's great, I have fewer lost toes or ear bites, and I really get to know all my babies!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home