Northern California Angora Guild

Thursday, September 06, 2007

The First Show Adventure for Susan and Powder




Our NV member Susan sends in a report about her French Angora Powder and the NV State Fair :

"I am fairly new to Angoras, as I have had 2 woolers for about 1-1/2 years now. I purchased my first show Angora from Dee Miravelle in June at the Reno show ( a baby French white doe - "Cedar Ridge's Powder"). I don't know if you remember, but over the summer I e-mailed you for some litter box training advice. I don't remember if I let you know the results, but Powder learned to use the litter box in one day!! and I can let her hop around the house (supervised by me) until she gets too tired as she has never had an accident on the carpet!

Powder is a real member of the family and lives in the house with us, as does my wooler. When she is out hopping around the house she loves to chase/hop after our 4 cats who range in age from 4 mos. to 18 years. The cats all run away from Powder. I think they don't quite know what she is yet. Also Powder has discovered the cats' toy basket and likes to play with their toys!

Anyway, Powder was in her first show (as well as mine) at the NV State Fair the weekend before last. Powder was in the Saturday single show on 08/25. The judges were a husband and wife team, I don't remember their names, but I think their last name was Brown?? Powder was the only Angora in the whole show. She was entered as a Junior Doe. She won 2 rosettes, one for Best of Breed and one for Best of Variety and a small ribbon that says First Place on it. I let Dee know the results the next day. I am attaching a photo."

Obviously that Susan had a great time, so did Powder. Welcome to the wonderful world of rabbit shows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home