Northern California Angora Guild

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Cyndie Catches the Big One




































Cyndie describes the first photo: "Judith MacKenzie McCuin, of Augusta , Montana was the judge for the Wool Show. She was amazing! Such a treasury of knowledge. I really enjoyed listening to her. She has been a textile artist for over thirty years. She teaches in the USA and Canada , her work appears in private and public collections."

Cyndie then talks about the second photo, "When all was said and done, the Grand Champion Fleece was one in the White medium wool breeds (52s-58s) class. A TEN POUND Merino/Border Leicester cross."

Guess what Cyndie did? She bought that fleece! She says:
"The most amazing thing happened to me! I somehow, managed to PURCHASE the Grand champion fleece! It was the THIRD Fleece I looked at! A true story! First I looked at a black Romney, and rejected it for a white Corriedale. Then I turned around and starring me in the face was the Champion Merino cross. It was meant to be. The fleece is so clean it looks washed! About 5 inches. And crimp! OH! I will be sending it to the local 'Klamath River Alpacas' Mill to have it processed with 20 percent Angora and made into roving. Yummy! I love going to Black Sheep!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home