Northern California Angora Guild

Sunday, April 22, 2007

A Day of Hiking




















Betty reports a day of hiking:

"El Toro peak is the highest point in the City of Morgan Hill; the city uses the likeness of this peak as the official logo. The Historical Society of Morgan Hill sponsors a hike to the peak of El Toro once a year; this year the hiking day was on Saturday, April 21. After living in Morgan Hill for almost 30 years, hubby and I finally decided to take the hike.

The first photo shows me and the other hikers gathering in front of the city library.

In the second photo, I am pointing to the steep path that we are about to take.

The Boy Scout members were very kind to dig some make-shift steps and set up a rope on the side of the steepest part of the trail for the hikers. I followed a guy with a dog shown in the third photo. The poor dog could not use the rope; he was sliding and slipping his way uphill.

In the fourth photo, it shows that we are holding on to the rope to prevent us from sliding down the steep slope.

We finally made it to the top; the fifth photo shows the birdseye view of the City of Morgan Hill.

Getting down was as hard as climbing up; my poor butt hit the ground twice. The last photo shows the peak that we have just visited.

My body is crying out loud against the hiking and climbing. Rabbit shows are more of my cup of tea. Next Saturday, I will be in the rabbit shows rather than at the top of any mountain."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home