Northern California Angora Guild

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Holly Wins Four Best In Show

















Our Canadian member Holly brought wonderful news: Her two English Angora does won four Best In Show out of four shows!!!! This must be a first for anyone.

Here is her report:

"I have some wonderful news. Oh Betty, I can't believe that this even happened to me! I was at a Rabbit Show in Edmonton Alberta for the last four days.

Guess what my Bunnies did Betty! The show had four Judges ... Jeff Albright & Jacob Kuntz & the two Dapper sisters. Well I took my first BIS ! I was so excited I cried and all over the place. It gets even better than that! I went on to take BIS on all four tables!!!! I also won the Breeders cup trophy. I swept the entire show with my English Angora.

My Tort doe HHR's Andromeda, who is from YOUR wonderful Chu's Vance and my doe HHR's Rogue, took two BIS wins under the Dapper sisters. Then my very newly turned six month old doe HHR's Avalanche, who is out of the gorgeous Chu's Terena and HHR's Rue, who's father is Vance, lol. Avalanche took BIS from the men Judges, Jeff Albright and Jacob Kuntz.

The breeders cup was a new things our Alberta club did this year, judge Jeff Albright had the standard out and point scored to the letter all the rabbits from a group of four which all the breeders entered.... we had over 240 rabbits in the show and breeders came from Washington and B.C. For us this is a large show, lol. The person who got as close to 400 points would win the Breeder cup. I entered 3 angora and one fuzzy into the cup and won. ... they had to be of your own breeding and contain your rabbitry name at least twice in the pedigree.The judges were very happy cause they felt like the standard works according to points cause I was the four time BIS winner for the weekend & I was the only one with no DQ's in the cup and came as near to the 400 score.

I made a fool of myself crying and kissing my bunnies each time I won BIS, lol. I hugged all the judges and everyone else, everyone was screaming for me, even Ruth Dapper the judge was crying a bit and said I guess I picked right? I took pictures and will send them later, I told the Judges that I hope Betty will be proud of me. At our awards dinner they gave a little speech to me to say who well groomed my EA's are and about all the time I spend with them, I was over whelmed! They even bought me a huge cake! We are training a young man from Alberta for his Judges license and he said he's seen EA's with matts before but was unable to find any on my bunnies, LOL."

The top picture shows the Breeder's Cup trophy, the four Best In Show crystals and the rosettes won by Holly's rabbits in one weekend.

The second photo is the BIS winner in show 1 and 2: HHR's Andromeda.

The third photo is the BIS winner in show 3 and 4: HHR's Avalanche.

The fourth photo is our happy mom Holly.

Four Best In Show out of four shows probably is a record. Betty has had three Best In Show out of three shows, but had not heard of anyone winning four Best In Show out of four shows.

Great job, Holly!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home