Northern California Angora Guild

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Betty's Official Show Tally 8/1/2013 - 7/31/2014






Betty says,

I have been showing for over 30 years and staying at the #1 English Angora sweepstakes list for 26 years in a row.   In the previous years, the end of the sweepstakes were published in the Angora News then trophies or pins would be given out by the National Angora Rabbit Breeders Club.   Starting in 2013-2014 sweepstakes year, the "prize" is a certificate listing the show tallies.   Originally I was a little disappointed as the piece of paper is not a real "prize".   When I received it a few days ago and looked at it, I like it because it gives a summary record of the entire sweepstakes year, I would not have to go to the Angora News to search for the numbers.  

The most recent year that has been completed is from August 1, 2013 to July 31, 2014.  My own record shows that I went to 67 shows during this period of time.    I know, I know, there isn't 67 weekends and I did not go to shows every weekend.   Nowadays there are usually two to three shows on one day, so 67 shows is more like 20+ weekend days. 

Out of the 67 shows, my rabbits won all breed Best In Show 25 times, Reserve In Show 11 times and specialty Best In Show 11 times.  That means my English Angora made it to the top two position in 70% of the shows and at the top position in 53% of the shows.  In addition McKenzie won the Group (one of the four finalists for the Best In Show) at the 2013 ARBA convention.  I am quite happy with these numbers.  

At the bottom, I saw that I received the #9 French Angora sweepstakes standing.   I'd have to admit that is quite unexpected as I only had a total 3 French Angora during this period of time.  



     

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home