Northern California Angora Guild

Monday, July 11, 2022

Beautiful Angora Woven Art





I received this piece of woven rabbit wall hanging in 1990.  The material is 100% Angora.  Not sure which breed but I'd guess it's English Angora.  The halo is subtle, there isn't much visible guard hairs.



The other side has exactly the same design but with opposite color.  How was it made?  Since I don't weave, I have no clue.   It is a very impressive piece.  It has been hanging on my wall since 1990, it has not shown any sign of deterioration.  Why is it taken off the wall?  For a photo op?   To tell the truth, my
rumbustious kitties Bao Bao and Bei Bei jumped and got it off the wall.   I decided it is not safe to hang such a gorgeous piece on a space that the kitties can get to.  Before finding a different wall to display it, I'd like to share the image on blog.      


 
It is really the same piece!

How did I obtain this gorgeous piece of woven art? I'll get a story together for a future post.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home