Northern California Angora Guild

Friday, April 30, 2021

Betty Achieves "Supreme Master Breeder" Status



 I am very fortunate to qualify for all four categories with my English Angora and received certificates for all four.   Under each certificate, I'll explain the requirements to qualify.       



Master Exhibitor: When an ARBA member accumulates 50 or more grand champion certificates in any one breed.

In my case, I have way more than 50 English Angora that achieved grand champion status.





Grand Master Exhibitor: When an ARBA member, over the period of five or more years, accumulates 100 or more grand champion certificates in any one breed.   

Since I have been working on English Angora for close to 40 years, getting 100 or more English Angora grand champion is not that hard.



Master Breeder: When an ARBA member, over the period of five or more years, accumulates 50 grand champion certificates in any one breed, where he/she is listed as the original breeder on registration certificates. 

The difference before the Master Exhibitor and Master Breeder is that the 50 or more grand champions have to be bred by the breeder to qualify.   Once again, there isn't too hard for me to qualify as I breed almost all the English Angora that I shown for at least 35 years.   My method of improvement is from selective breeding from the original stock that I acquired in my first 2 to 3 years of my involvement in English Angora.  






Supreme Master Breeder:  When an ARBA member has reached the distinction of Master Breeder, has won no less than 5 Best of Breed or Best Opposite of Breed at ARBA National Conventions or breed national shows, or won a Best in Show or a Group (being a finalist for the Best In Show) at ARBA Conventions with their breed. 

This requirement is the hardest to achieve because of the convention or breed national win requirements.   Fortunately for me, my English Angora have won 28 BOB and BOSB, 1 Best In Show and the Group 3 times in the ARBA conventions.    My certificate number is #SMB2 that indicates I'm only the second person to qualify for the "Supreme Master Breeder" title at the time of the issue.    



     

1 Comments:

  • At 3:32 PM, Blogger Carol W said…

    Congratulations!! That is quite an achievement!
    Carol W

     

Post a Comment

<< Home