Northern California Angora Guild

Saturday, May 22, 2021

Bubbling Champagne and Her Image




1983 was a very memorable year for me.   Judge Bobbie Meyer allowed me to have Bubbling Champagne who changed my English Angora journey:
Northern California Angora Guild: Remember When: Bubbling Champagne (ncag.blogspot.com) 
and changed the entire English Angora breed:
Northern California Angora Guild: To Molt or Not To Molt (ncag.blogspot.com)

The above photo was taken when she was about 5 months old, it became her signature photo.   Blower was not available for blow grooming then, all we had were slicker brushes and hair combs thus her wool was not as impressive as what we are accustomed to today.  




One of the very old and prestige judge Robert (Bob) Herschbach hand painted Bubbling Champagne's image on a sticker paper for my car.  I saved it for over 35 years but never put it on any of my vehicles.    Bob Herschbach was the father of Nobel laureate Dudley R. Herschbach 
Dudley R. Herschbach - Biographical - NobelPrize.org 




Bubbling Champagne's air brush image is on one of my sweatshirts.  I wore it when Sweet Sixteen won her convention Best In Show in 1992.   I still wear it once in a long while today.




NCAG logo has only two breeds of Angora: English and French.   NCAG started in 1982, there were only two breeds.   Satin Angora was accepted into ARBA SOP in 1987 and Giant Angora in 1988.    Bubbling Champagne's photo was used as a model for the logo.




This image of Bubbling Champagne is a part of the NCAG Angora Handbook.





My friend Donna gifted me a tote bag with an embroidered NCAG logo.




Donna did a dish towel with Bubbling Champagne's image.




Donna embroidered another tote bag for me.




A blue dish towel.   





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home