Northern California Angora Guild

Saturday, July 11, 2020

My Little Show Barn






Here are 8 of my main show rabbits this season.   Normally they are spread out in my main barn that has a swamp cooler.   Now they are all put together in one barn, why?



After 4 months of shutdown and show cancellations, there will be a show date soon.   It's exciting but it's also very scary.   There is the human virus COVID19 pandemic, there is the rabbit virus RHD2 in the southeast regions, ... I can either make the decision of shutting myself and rabbits from the outside world, or I can take the risk but do try to minimize it.      This is what I decide to do, put all the show rabbits into one area.  I cleaned and power-washed these cages and put in the juniors and young seniors that were born this year, they had never been to a show.


The top section are all English Angora, from left to right are white doe Graceann, tort buck Aabel, tort doe Susanna and tort doe Joanna.  The bottom row are English Angora white buck Mika,  French Angora tort doe Simone, French Angora fawn doe Monique and French Angora fawn buck Billy.   This little barn uses the mister that is attached to the top edge as the cooling tool during the hot days.   There is not enough space to install a swamp cooler.   Mister is not the best for the show coat, but with the current situation, I'll just have to try it out.   Why is this barn so small?  stay tuned. 







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home