Northern California Angora Guild

Monday, February 24, 2020

Convention Memories - Betty's Son Joe




Whenever Joe and I see other, we'd take a picture.   "Mom" and "Son".  
How and why such a mom and son relationship?


As mentioned in the post yesterday, there were very few Asians in the wonderful world of rabbits in the old days.  Whenever there are Asians, people were inclined to think that we are related.   
In 2003, Joe and I were very fortunate to have our rabbits won Group in the ARBA convention at Wichita.  Mine was an English Angora and Joe's was a Tan that went on to win the convention Best In Show.   Since my English Angora by then had already won convention Best In Show in 1992 and then convention Group in 2001, others were familiar with me.  This was Joe's first big win, people were not as familiar and asked who he was.   Some said Joe was my son and others said Joe was my husband.   Joe is young enough to be my son, so from then on he calls me mom and I call him son.

It will not be as likely to have such misunderstanding today as there are many from Asia attending the ARBA conventions.   Asia now has the most ARBA sanctioned shows outside the United States.  



   


1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home