Northern California Angora Guild

Sunday, February 07, 2016

Go Elway!!!




John Albert Elway, Jr. is a former American football quarterback and current General Manager and Executive Vice President of Football Operations for the Denver Broncos.   He was the quarterback when Broncos won the Superbowl in 1997 and 1998, the MVP of 1998 and later inducted into the Hall of Fame.

Other than the fact that today is the Superbowl day that Denver Broncos and Carolina Panthers are playing against each other, what's the connection between John Elway and Angora?     



Betty says, 

In the 90s, a lady by the name of Jana came by my home and bought a pet English Angora.   A couple of years later close to Christmas, she called me and asked whether she could board the rabbit with me when she and her family going out of town to visit relatives.    I said OK so she came with the rabbit and we chitchatted.   I was still teaching at San Jose State University and she said her dad used to work at SJSU and was the football coach.   Who was that, I asked.   Jack Elway!   That means she's John Elway's sister, and the twin sister.  

Oh, I have a rabbit named after your brother, he is Chu's Elway!

Jana and family were going to Colorado to join her parents and her brother for Christmas.    I took out two of Chu's Elway's photos and gave them to Jana.  



Jana came back after Christmas to pick up her rabbit and handed me one of the photos of Chu's Elway with John Elway's autograph.   Jana told me that this is the first time her brother ever autographed a rabbit picture.

Sadly Jana passed away in July 2002 at 42 years old. 






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home