Northern California Angora Guild

Saturday, September 12, 2015

Guinness Record and Professional Photo Shoot, Part I

 
 
 
I had never thought about setting any record before the invitation from Guinness.   During the process I learned that anyone could apply to set a record by going to the website and propose an idea.  It'd take up to 12 weeks to get a reply due to the high volume of people wanting to set or break a record.   Since I was invited to set a record, I had a contact with whom I could ask questions and then receive answers promptly.    During the waiting period, my contact person Jenny told me that several professional photographers would be traveling the world to take photos of the record holders starting in January 2015.    
 
On August 17, 2014 when Franchesca's wool was measured, she was 14 months old.   In January 2015, she would be 19 months old.   Though I'm good at keeping my rabbits in show coat, the chance of my being able to present a finish looking 19-month-old English Angora show coat is very slim.   With this piece of information, Jenny expedited the professional photo shoot to September 1, 2014.   
 
 
 
Professional photographer James Ellerker set up a studio in our garage.
 


James selected a maroon colored background to complement Franchesca's chocolate tort color.
 

I was expecting a 6-week wait to get the Guinness World Record certificate, it was a pleasant surprise that James brought the certificate with him.  He said he received it the day prior, was told to present it to me and Franchesca.


Another shoot of Franchesca, Betty and the Guinness certificate.  
 
 


The photos are uploaded to the computer that James brought with him.   The first photo to this one were taken by Betty's wonderful hubby Albert, while the next two photos were taken by James, copied from the internet.   
 

This is a photo from one of the news media website, taken by James.  






This is the main photo used on the official Guinness website.

 
 




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home