Northern California Angora Guild

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Betty Makes Colorful Fingerless Mitts

 
 
 
Betty says,

Weather during the holiday time has been yucky in most areas including but not limited to the supposedly "sunny" California, it has been rainy, wet and cold.   I used the down time to create some colorful fingerless mittens.    Though dark and gray outside, the colors sure brighten my mood.    Waiting to be made are a pair of green and a pair of purple.

In the past, my fingerless mittens are truly fingerless, nothing for the fingers, nothing for the thumb.   After viewing a couple of instruction videos on Youtube, I learned the "waste-yarn" method of making thumbs 

Here is my left hand being modeling one fingerless mitten.   The white yarn are made of 100% virgin sheep wool, I handspun my English Angora wool then dyed the yarn with KoolAid.    I charge a very reasonable price for my mittens; if I count the time required to make a pair, my price won't even pay 1/2 of minimum wage but I have the satisfaction of seeing my effort results in something pretty and useful. 





 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home