Northern California Angora Guild

Saturday, May 05, 2012

Dove, A French Angora That Understands Mandarin





Dove is a big strong girl.



Judge Joy picked Dove as French Angora BOB, she said, "I love this rabbit!"



Betty says,

In March I went to the PacWest RBA show in Myrtle Point, Oregon.    I was admiring Dawn's beautiful French Angora, Dawn offered to gift me one.   I was really flattered; after some thoughts and talking it over with Dawn, we decided that I would show this beautiful chocolate French Angora doe FNF's Dove but Dawn will retain a co-ownership.

Dove weighed a little over 8 pounds when she came to CA with me in March; now she is close to 10 pounds, all 10 pounds of pure muscle.   She is strong-willed, much more diva-like than my English Angora.   Dawn told me to be strict with Dove as French Angora could push limits a lot more than the English Angora.    Dove is very smart to have sensed my reservation about her powerful kicks, she tested my ability.

Dove has won two legs when Dawn showed her, I did not take her to a show until the big WCC show weekend in Reno in Dawn's name and my name jointly.     Out of six shows, Dove won Best of Breed four times and Best Opposite Sex of Breed once, took a total of 5 legs.   

When we came home from Reno, Dove was even more of a diva; she lunged and teethed me.   I got fed up,  I yelled at her loudly in Mandarin Chinese.    A miracle happened, she lowered her head and became totally submissive.

Now when I open her cage, she lowers her head and waits for my petting and head-scratching.  She loves to listen to my Mandarin Chinese.

She must have been a Chinese rabbit in her previous life!



3 Comments:

  • At 7:08 AM, Blogger livingwaterfarm said…

    Incredible!!
    Thanks, Betty!

     
  • At 8:31 PM, Blogger Antelope Island Angoras said…

    I love this story Betty. If you would have only spoke Mandarin to her at the Reno show... I thought she was a black belt bunny. With the moves she had, you would think she knew Tae Kwan Do. Maybe you should change her name to Tae Kwan DOE. LOL

     
  • At 1:26 PM, Blogger Northern California Angora Guild said…

    Brandy: Dove came with a name or Tai Kwan Doe would be a great name. She is a very strong rabbit, the strongest that I've ever handled. Luckily she is calming down now. Betty

     

Post a Comment

<< Home