Northern California Angora Guild

Sunday, November 06, 2011

Betty Walking











One of the major activities of an ARBA convention is walking. Yes, walking. You better have very comfortable shoes on or your will be in pain. Grooming rabbits means getting one out of the coop then walk a long stretch passing all the booth and people to the grooming area, groom, then walk the long stretch back to the rabbit coop to put it back. Then repeat with the next rabbit, and the next and the next and ....


Betty says, "I received this picture from Sandra, the art illustrator of Domestic Rabbits, this morning. She said she loved this picture. I thought it pretty much sums up what I did over and over during the convention: brisk walking holding the rabbit to the grooming area to groom it then brisk walking with the rabbit back to the cooping area. If you look at the wool, it shows how fast I was walking to have caused a wind-blown effect on the rabbit. When I walked back and forth between the cooping area and the grooming area, I saw so many people who I knew or knew me. I kept a smiling face to make sure that even if I missed the person's eye contact or greetings, I was still trying to be pleasant."




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home