Northern California Angora Guild

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Found On The Net: Dozer Runs For Cancer Research




There was a last-minute entry in Sunday's Maryland Half Marathon to benefit the University of Maryland Marlene and Stewart Greenebaum Cancer Center -- a 3-year-old goldendoodle named Dozer, who escaped through an invisible fence in his yard to join the more than 2,000 people running by his house, which was near mile 5 of the race.

The University of Maryland center uploaded the video to youtube and went viral; then a webpage of Dozer was added to the University of Maryland foundation to recount the event in Dozer's words,

"Wow...I just finished my very first Half Marathon! I was sitting in front of my house on Sunday morning when a bunch of runners came running by. They looked like they were having such fun so i decided to join them. I forgot to tell my Mom that I was leaving and she was really upset! Everyone was really nice to me so I just kept running passing first a sign that said Mile 5 then Mile 6 and so on until I saw this big sign that said Finish and everyone stopped running. Along the way i heard people talking about raising money for Cancer Research and I heard stories about people's loved ones. I was moved to take action so I set up this page to help out. I had to walk all the way home after the race and Mom didn't find me at home until the next morning.....boy was I sore!! I overheard my Mom talking to the people who put the race on and they are coming over to give me a medal! Now I am resting and looking back on the great journey. Please help by donating to my page..Dozer"

So far Dozer's page has over $6,000 of donation for the foundation.

For more, see video on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo4MPO0TmXU

and Dozer's page on http://www.ummsfoundation.org/dozer


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home